Role: Outwards Reinsurance Technician
To maintain up to date reinsurance records and recoveries day to day processes and procedures across all outwards reinsurance functions and develop outwardsm reinsurance specialism in certain classes of business.
* Maintain daily processing including LORS messaging, USM, SCM and exceptions
* Record and monitor reinsurance contracts accurately and in a timely manner
* Calculate and process reinsurance recoverables including liaising with brokers to monitor any overdue recoveries and report on the aged debt
* Process reinsurance premium adjustments, NCBs and PC's including quota share and XOL as required
* Assist with regulatory reporting, month and quarter end processes
* Manage workflows and priorities and able to provide clear updates on work progress
* Help maintain and update procedures manuals as required
Essential Skills & Requirements
* Reinsurance technical skills and processing experience
* Good understanding of the London and Lloyd's Outwards Reinsurance Markets, system processes and terminology.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate, report and escalate any issues that may interrupt the regular reinsurance processing
* Strong IT literacy, including excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, ability to manipulate data and confident use of pivot tables
* Ability to prioritise work and maintain good relationships internally with other teams and externally with brokers, auditors etc.