Financial Services Administrator - Investment Operations, Clearing
Leicester - £23,000 plus company Benefits
MBF Recruitment are currently working with a boutique Stockbroking organisation based in Leicester who are looking to recruit an experienced Administrator for their Operations Team.
The role is working within their 'Clearing' team and is the perfect position for an experienced, organised, dedicated administrator from any background. The role would probably also suit a part qualified accountant, bookkeeper, etc looking for a more varied role. The key thing is that the successful candidate has common sense and the ability to problem solve. The position offers the opportunity to work independently, but alongside colleagues within a supportive working environment.
Training can be provided on all tasks, so previous financial services experience is not essential.
- Process daily Crest cash settlement movements, ensuring all ledgers are updated & bargains accurately settled. A reconciliation to the Crest payment figure will also be undertaken so as to ensure that there is a full settlement sweep,
- Process other daily cash settlement activities, ensuring the client & broker ledger are correctly reflecting any such activities,
- Correctly action the transfer of the net CMR calculation on a daily basis once calculation has been done and confirmed by the Finance and Risk department,
- Bank all cheques into client settlement bank account or any other qualifying ‘client account’, ensuring accurate records are kept of date of receipt and the payee counterparty,
- Manage & keep secure the firms chosen electronic banking systems,
- Prepare & dispatch payments to clients, ensuring that payment and the payee are authentic and comprehensive records are retained of all payments both successful and rejected,
- Produce client cash account statements upon request, checking statements are an accurate reflection of cash transactions relating to the request,
- Action identified differences in the client banking reconciliation in a timely manner, recording action taken & reason why,
- Prepare & dispatch client income payments according to information received by the client facing teams,
- Keep accurate records of unallocated client monies, ensure these are cleared in line with the firm’s policies & procedures,
- Ensure any client money credit on an individual client is cleared within the timeframes set by the firm’s policies in accordance with the client standing details,
- Calculate a daily figure of funds to be transferred to/from the firm for fees & charges, ensure transfers are completed within agreed timeframes,
- Daily calculations of funds held on EUR and/or USD accounts, convert to GBP as required.
The Right Person
- Strong analytical & excellent numeracy skills, able to analyse information & evaluate results,
- Effective interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills,
- The ability to work within a regulated environment, Knowledge of FCA CASS rules / HMRC ISA rules etc would be ideal, although training can be provided
- Hands-on, proactive & confident, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision as well as a member of a team,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). The ability to learn and understand how new systems work.
- Starting salary 23k
- Initial 12 month maternity cover contract, possible permanent role at the end of the contract
- 4 weeks holiday plus BH
- Pension after 3 months, 5%
- 3 month probation period
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a busy firm of stockbrokers, offering great experience in the sector
- This role is office based, 5 days per week
- Financial Services
- Asset & Investment Management