Job Role: Underwriting Assistant - Specialty Treaty
Core lines of business include Credit, Terrorism and Cyber. With initial involvement on the Credit and Terrorism lines of business.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package to include 25 days holiday, Non-contributory Group Personal Pension Plan, Discretionary bonus scheme, Private Health Insurance, Permanent health insurance, Interest free season ticket loan, Non-contributory study support scheme, Gym subsidy and more.
Purpose of role
Support the Head of Specialty Underwriting in the administering and underwriting of the Specialty Treaty Portfolio
Main areas of responsibility
- Support the Specialty Underwriters and Department Head as required
- General administration of the Specialty Treaty account, ensuring all systems are kept up to date
- Data input and updates into various databases
- Populate rating and aggregation tools
- Enhance in-house rating and aggregation tools as required
- Data gathering in preparation for client meetings and underwriters' trips
- Involvement in ad hoc team and company projects
- Assist Department Head in the production of periodic reports on aggregate exposure, capacity usage and stress test
- Liaise with other underwriting departments, Actuarial, Claims and Accounting
- Liaise with other offices regarding common underwriting and modelling
- Develop and maintain broker relations
- Displays strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates effective time management, adept at organising priorities
- Engages effectively with others - a team player
- High levels of motivation and integrity, with a keen desire to learn and seek new opportunities
- Good communicator, with excellent written and face to face communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements
- Strong problem-solving
- Strong analytical expertise preferred
- IT - Advanced Excel, plus good level of Word and Outlook. SQL welcome
Education and experience
- University Degree preferred (mathematical background preferred)
- Good standard of English - A level or high GCSE grade
- Must be willing to undertake ACII professional qualification
- Past experience in the industry beneficial
What does success look like in this role?
A successful Underwriting Assistant function means underwriters have everything in place to transact business where they are ready: the required information is in the right place at the right time, and it is 100% correct. Your job is to make the role of the underwriter easier.