This is an opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning independent wealth manager based in the City. The firm has been established for a number of years and is experiencing rapid growth by delivering client focused, holistic wealth planning and investment solutions for its clients.
Their current requirement is for a Fund Analyst to join their investment team. The investment team is responsible for setting the investment strategy, building and implementing client portfolios that deliver the investment solutions for company clients. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to and cover a wide range of asset classes and contribute to the success of the investment process in a varied and flexible environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a wealth management / asset management environment, with previous fund analyst experience. The role will also involve portfolio construction and analysis and experience in this area will be seen as a clear benefit - however it is not essential. Working towards the IMC or CFA qualifications are also seen as highly beneficial to this position.
The successful candidate will support the CIO in the fund due diligence process ensuring that funds held in the model portfolios are due diligence to a high standard and on an ongoing basis. The role will also contribute to the asset allocation process and portfolio construction processes and be expected to make a meaningful contribution to debate and challenge within the Investment Management Committee
- Provide analytical support to the fund research process, this will include quantitative and qualitative information gathering, detailed portfolio analysis, preparing and presenting investment analytics
- Source new investment ideas
- Conduct on-site and remote due diligence meetings with fund managers * Support the ongoing monitoring of funds held within model portfolios
- Share and debate insights with key stakeholders and actively participate in shaping the firms' investment views
- Help support portfolio implementation
- Assist with preparing investment presentations and reports and client presentations
Preferred skills and attributes:
- Degree (or equivalent higher education), ideally in a related subject Numerate
- Relevant experience working within investment or wealth management environment
- Experience of analysing mutual funds and ETFs
- Well organised with and enquiring mind, good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to research, formulate and articulate evidence backed opinions Client focused
- Knowledge of excel skills Morningstar would be advantageous
An excellent opportunity for an individual on the upward curve of their career seeking to further develop their skills and knowledge within a fast-growing, friendly environment where employee satisfaction is key.