Role: Claims Adjuster - Property
The primary purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective claims service for
clients, by responding to each claim notified in a proactive manner in order to return clients to their pre-loss condition as expeditiously as possible.
* The accurate and timely investigation, administration, quantification, negotiation and settlement of any potential exposures notified to Group subsidiaries within pre-agreed authorities and service targets.
* Maintain primary responsibility for day to day management of attritional, large and complex loss caseload with referral where required.
* Liaise as required with underwriters, brokers and third parties to assist with coverage analysis and policy response.
* Report reasonably foreseen matters within the Property claims arena that may affect the reputation or financial position of the firm, immediately to Property Claims Manager.
* Manage paid to incurred, open claim counts.
* Perform case reserve reviews as required and report any claim trends identified.
* Maintain accurate records for auditing purposes and preparing reports as necessary.
* Advise Underwriters in respect of any requisite policy language evolution.
* Liaise with the Property Claims Manager in the implementation of the Group CAT Plan as required and ensure reporting timeframes are adhered to.
* Develop and maintain relationships with brokers, peers and service providers within the market as an ongoing concern.
* Ad hoc duties as required
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* Up to 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Sound understanding of basic claim principles
* Accuracy and attention to detail with high standards
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and interpersonal skills
* Excellent IT skills including MS Office, Word and Excel skills
* Ensure knowledge is kept up-to-date with current insurance issues and legal developments