A well respected and service focussed financial advisory practice based out of Cheshunt are seeking to recruit a Trainee Financial Planner to join their friendly team. There are no individual targets or a need for advisers to generate leads.
My client is seeking an individual with a can-do attitude who is looking to develop their skills and become a valued member of their financial planning team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting and recording in-depth reviews of a range of clients’ financial circumstances and future aims, at various locations or over the telephone, as appropriate.
- Devising and explaining recommendations or strategies to clients on ways to best utilise their money and achieve their goals.
- Analysing and re-evaluating investment portfolios, based on asset allocation, risk tolerance and each client’s individual financial needs and objectives.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements appropriate to a registered individual are adhered to, including the annual retention of a Statement of Professional Standing.
- Ensuring an adequate level of qualifications is maintained and appropriate Continuing Professional Development is undertaken and correctly recorded, including keeping up to date with legislative and product changes.
- Researching products, providers and funds on a whole of market basis, with a view to joining the Investment Committee when appropriate.
- Liaising with other professionals including accountants and solicitors, as appropriate.
Holding R01 or equivalent and working towards Level 4 financial advice qualifications with the intention of completing the remainder within two years.
Experience in paraplanning or a similar role.
Level 4 financial advice qualifications.
Current valid Statement of Professional Standing.
Candidates will have previous experience of devising, implementing and monitoring strategies to obtain client goals and requirements, particularly with High Net Worth Individuals. You will also be required to explain complex issues to clients who have varying degrees of financial product knowledge.
A first class opportunity to join an established practice with a loyal, HNW client book who can offer a genuine opportunity to move into a client facing role with book provided.