A leading independent provider of Investment Management services is seeking to recruit a Product Specialist to help co-ordinate the development of new products and services as well as managing and maintaining the existing product set.
To help drive this award winning personalised wealth management business forward, you will be based of their City offices and working in close collaboration with the Investment Managers developing and manging a range of products including Lombard Lending, Cash Management amongst other portfolio products.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of the LL operating model and relationship with BD's preferred lending partners.
- Product manage the pipeline of LL opportunities and continually assess the business opportunities.
- Ensure new opportunities are in line with LL product parameters and criteria. Oversee new business as it progresses through the approval and set-up process.
- Close liaison and collaboration with the Investment Managers, in particular the 1762 proposition team to identify client needs and successfully meet client lending requirements.
Promote the product agenda with key stakeholders and act as centre of expertise with particular attention to:
- Client facing teams
- I.T. & Operations
- Legal, Risk Management & Compliance
- Marketing and Communications
Produce and monitor clear and meaningful Management Information, report to relevant Committees including Investment Risk Committee, Investment Governance Committee; Risk Management Committee.
Review new product ideas, producing short-form business cases as required. Develop business cases through the product lifecycle from idea, *business case / initiation, development, pilot, launch, live environment and review.
Business Case development to include:
- Target market and client need evaluation
- Financial / asset growth projections & forecasts
- Risk assessments
- Propositional fit / alignment with strategic business orientation
- Channel deliver, including D2C.
- Continuously review pricing and market positioning. Manage and govern any product changes, pricing oversight and de-commissions.
- Manage financial product budgets and monitor and report to COO.
- Line management may feature dependent on product pipeline development as will matrix management of dynamic development resource.
- Experience of Financial Services Product Management a pre-requisite.
- Lending technical knowledge preferred, ideally in the context of wealth management / private clients.
- Knowledge of regulatory landscape a distinct advantage.
- Product and business case change delivery experience
- Relevant degree-level qualification preferred.
Personal skills, experience and technical knowledge
- Industry knowledge of one / some / all of the following in the context of product management: wealth management / investment management / private banking / asset management / financial planning & pensions.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of product management tools, planning and implementation.
- Evidence of stakeholder management / working in a network environment.
- Strengths in inter-personal skills; presentation skills and facilitation.
- Experience of governance: reporting; managing and MI.
A first class opportunity to working for top tier wealth management organisation who can offer a first class working environment as well as a highly competitive salary along with excellent bonus (10-20%) and benefits.