A well established and successful financial planning practice based in Stanmore is seeking to hire a new member of staff into a key role. You will have overall responsibility for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office. The organisation specialise in protection and mortgage advice, so experience within these areas would be preferred.
Duties will include:
- Delegate work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- File checks of new business and annual reviews
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Maintain compliance with current legislation by review of existing procedures on a regular basis
- Process any client complaints
- Liaise with providers re user access etc.
- Liaise with external compliance company re annual visits
- Oversee the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction;
- Maintain training programme of new and current advisers
- Promote staff development and training for all admin staff and maintain compliant level of knowledge
- Carry out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
- Attend conferences and training;
- Management of website and social media.
- Process regulatory reports to FCA
Candidates will ideally have previously worked within a similar role with either an IFA or financial institution and you will need to show evidence of the following skills and personal qualities -
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads;
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability.
An excellent opportunity to join a successful and profitable business offering a competitive salary, bonus and benefits