The Financial Planning arm of a tier one Investment Managers continues to grow and as such, they now require a Financial Planning Academy Manager to lead, manage and develop a team of Desk based Advisers based out of their London offices.
The role would be suitable for an existing Paraplanning Team manager and you will be responsible for all aspects of the FPA team, from recruitment, through to daily management of their work load and reviewing the quality of work produced. You will need to liaise with the Wealth Planners on a daily basis to ensure all admin support is carried out on a timely basis and work alongside the Compliance Manager to ensure it is fully compliant.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and develop the FP Academy to achieve good client outcomes at all times.
- Workflow management of FP Academy
- Objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of FP Academy team
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting stakeholder relationships.
- Act with integrity and honesty at all times
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of FP Process and Advice framework
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of your responsibility within the regulatory framework
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Take responsibility for own development through training and CPD, with regard to industry changes, legislation and regulation.
- Actively participate in any necessary Business Development activities and encourage team engagement.
- Have a good understanding of the group strategy and Team business plan.
- Understand the BD Career Framework and reporting lines.
- Understand and comply with all group policies and procedures
This list is not exclusive, and you may be requested to carry out additional duties to those above.
- Financial Planning qualifications to a minimum of level 4 or equivalent level industry qualification
- Chartered Financial Planner status desirable
- 2 years of management experience desirable
- A minimum of 5 years in a Financial Planning company is essential
- Strong knowledge and continuing expansion of Financial Planning across a broad range of financial planning topics.
- An understanding of the financial planning process and principles preferred
- Ability to manage and develop team
- Self-motivated, ambitious, decisive
- Team player with first-rate people skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Strong analytical skills and excellent numeracy abilities
- Commercial Awareness