Role: Risk Manager
A key member of the Risk Management Team the Risk Manager is responsible for supporting the CRO in delivering an effective and appropriate risk management system across all of the Syndicate's operations. The role encompasses the following key responsibilities:
- Support the effective embedding of an appropriate risk culture at the Syndicate
- Support the risk identification and assessment process, ensuring management have a clear and continuous view of the risk exposure of the organisation.
- Monitoring of Syndicate's risk appetite to ensure that risk is effectively managed within the boards stated appetite.
- Advise the management and board on the effectiveness of the risk appetite framework including areas for enhancement.
- Ownership of the Risk Register, including leading the annual risk register appraisal, advising the board of key changes, and any new areas of risk.
- Ownership of the Risk Incident reporting framework, and reporting to the Risk Committee on such.
- Keep management up to date on areas of emerging risk.
- Supporting the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process, including producing the annual ORSA report for board approval.
- Alongside the CRO co-ordinate the internal model validation process, including liaising with the capital modelling team and exposure management team during the testing programme.
- Responsible for the production of the Validation Report upon successful completion of the Validation process.
- Responsible for maintaining the company's Business Continuity Plan and contributing to the Operational Resilience Framework.
- Lead risk research projects as directed to deepen the understanding of risk across the business and ensure that all areas are effectively captured within the internal model and capital assessment.
- Support the development and reassessment of stress and scenario testing and reverse stress testing.
- Assist in the production of regular and ad hoc risk reporting internally (Management and Board Committees) and externally (Lloyd's and the PRA).
- Represent the company on relevant Lloyd's initiatives, Future at Lloyd's etc.
- Membership of the Risk Committee and Risk Assessment Group.
- Similar experience gained in the London Insurance Market
- Strong knowledge of FCA / PRA / Lloyd's regulations
- Experience of embedding a Risk culture within Insurance
- Degree educated or strong academics
- Good Excel skills
- Strong communication skills