A well-established Chartered Investment Management & Financial Planning organisation with an excellent reputation across the UK is currently seeking to recruit a Wealth Management Client Services Assistant to be based from their London offices (although my client does offer a hybrid working environment)
Candidates will be responsible for the ownership of core administration or processing activity for the team, with little supervision. Contributing to the provision of excellent and efficient investment administration service to clients and discretionary investment managers.
The role would be suited to an individual who is seeking to develop a career within the Wealth Management sector, some experience is desirable but not essential, candidate must have some previous working experience in an administrative environment.
Responsible and accountable for all tasks, in particular:
- Address and answer client, intermediary and senior management queries
- Assist with answering telephones, general administration, filing and post
- To have read and to demonstrate good understanding of internal company procedures and processes, with the ability to challenge such procedures in a constructive way in order to contribute to the continual development of the client service function
- Assist with client and adviser queries in respect of the client portal undertaking training to ensure a good understanding of the available functionality and in order to assist clients / advisers with trouble shooting
- Assist the with the collation and distribution of valuations, tax packages and general mailshots to 'get the job done'
- Undertake projects or duties provided by the investment managers or client service delivery team from time to time
Administration and 1st Line defence activities
- Co-ordinate and manage the new business and client on-boarding for the team with an excellent understanding of the types of accounts and the documentation that is required for each account type
- Following up with clients, intermediaries and service providers when documentation is delayed or outstanding
- Perform Anti Money Laundering checks ensure that AML documentation is certified and verified in accordance with company procedures
- Manage the transfer of client assets for transfers in and out in accordance with company procedures and following up when valuations and transfers are delayed
- Creation and maintenance of client records in Xplan with meticulous attention to detail and in accordance with company procedures
- Assist the discretionary managers with annual suitability review for their clients
- Instruct withdrawal requests for clients and service providers, ensuring that the correct level of authorisation has been received from the account owner and signatures are verified
- Monitor the daily cash report to identify and alert the team to new money in, to check the status of the previous day's BACS and CHAPS payments and cash transfers out, to look for, and to alert the team to debits that arise in client portfolios so that they can take remedial action. To be alert at all times to client debits that could be a result of trading errors, raising awareness within the team to ensure that immediate action can be taken
- Manage the complexities involved with the administration of deceased clients and changes to SIPP administrators in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with the creation of client meeting packs, pitch and proposal documents and ad-hoc performance data for client meetings
- Ensure record keeping is of the highest standard and all client documentation and correspondence is held against the client record in Xplan
Supervision and mentoring
- Create and maintain a positive and professional environment, ensure seamless communication and adherence across the team to all policies and procedures
- Organisation of workload to ensure that there is a good level of awareness in respect of ongoing or outstanding tasks to help to provide consistency of administration across the desk
- Actively motivate and encourage more junior members of the team
- Assist the Client Service Assistant Manager with the continual development of the Client Service Delivery function
Relationships with advisers
- Update Xplan with details for intermediaries and record the team's prospect and pipeline data with meticulous attention to detail to ensure the most accurate pipeline figures are reported by the team.
- Assist IFAs in completing forms and deal with general administration queries
- Understand the process for setting up legal agreements with intermediaries and the types of relationships the company has with them (direct/platform/delegated suitability)
- Assist in the maintenance and distribution and communications in respect of adviser charges
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- A self-motivated approach to professional and personal development
- Approachable and the ability to listen and follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for own workload
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work pressures
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail both written and numerical is required in order to perform their duties
An excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to develop career within the wealth management sector within a highly reputable firm who can offer, training, support for relevant market qualifications, long term career development opportunities and a flexible working environment.