Role: Underwriting Assistant - A&H
Working for a leading Insurer, the role will provide overall assistance and support to the underwriters within the Accident & Health team, both in the office and at Lloyd's. Must also be flexible to help out in other areas when necessary.
You will focus on the day to day administrative functions within the team. The job will involve directly supporting the underwriting process for Accident & Health business including pre-quote, pre-bind, bind and post-bind transactions
- Support underwriters with all activities related to the development of the account
- Build and maintain files and file integrity
- Correspond with brokers; follow up on outstanding information
- Liaise with senior underwriters queries and referrals
- Liaise with Operations team to ensure timely and accurate data entry/processing for written risks
- Liaise with Operations team on policy / premium queries;
- Support underwriters with all activities related to pricing, exposure management, credit control, contract certainty, conduct risk, delegated authority and sanctions;
- Obtain third party research
- Assist underwriters in travel planning.
- Assist in the production of accurate management information to senior management team and underwriters.
- Produce ad-hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for senior managers, underwriters and other members of staff as requested
- Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and telephone.
- Attend meetings as required
- Demonstrate appropriate, consistent and complete consideration of our customers and potential customers' interests, throughout our business, on a continuous basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional Membership or working towards
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Accurate and numerate.
- Computer skills - strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word / Excel / Powerpoint).
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise.
- Ability to work with macros in Excel (desirable) strong Excel skills essential
- Proven background in accurate, high volume data entry
- Relevant previous work experience within Insurance
- London / Lloyd's market experience advantageous.