Role: Underwriting Operations Analyst
To support the Underwriting Operations team in delivery of essential regulatory returns and operational processes, ensure data is complete, timely and accurate and provide management information to committees, senior management and regulators.
· Assist underwriting teams with queries and data issues including policy entry, peer review and electronic placing
· Deliver training to users on core systems
· Assist in the monitoring and management of credit control ensuring the accurate recording and timely collection of premiums
· Assist with the month end process to ensure all activities are completed and reported upon
· Assist with management of shared Outlook inboxes - responding, resolving issues and referring to others as appropriate.
Reporting & Operational Requirements:
· Produce and submit regulatory returns including terrorism, acquisition costs, electronic placing and performance data
· Assist in providing accurate management information to underwriting teams, senior management and committees
· Liaise with underwriting teams to improve data quality
· Management of data tables, e.g. Broker, deductions and trade codes
· Assist in producing ad hoc reports, presentations and other team literature
· Provide Reviewers and Auditors with data to aid selection of policy samples, supply risk information and assist with action tracking and monitoring.
· Provide a professional service to underwriters and external suppliers in person, in writing, by email and telephone
· Maintain and develop key relationships and respond to communication in a timely fashion
· Prepare for, attend and minute team meetings.
· Identify and report problems within the underwriting system and assist with solution design
· Assist with User Acceptance Testing of systems
· Interact with all teams i.e. exposure management, claims, finance and compliance on matters affecting or related to accounts within the team's portfolio
· Help maintain minimum standards by assisting underwriting assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets
· Participate in cross-team projects including system development, data projects and process enhancement
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested
· Manage training needs through attendance of relevant training and market presentations (where relevant to your role)
· Carry out additional responsibilities as defined through your objectives
· Uphold the principal of Treating Customers Fairly
· Guaranteeing that the underwriters have accurate and up to date information to assist them in performing their duties.
· Ideally work experience gained in the London Insurance Market within Operations or Underwriting
· Good attention to detail
· Excellent Analytical Skills
· Working towards CII qualification
City of London, London
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
2 months ago