Role: Underwriters Assistant
- Leader in P&I business
- Reporting to the Senior Underwriter
- Flexible working either from remote from home full time or London
- Salary £25,000-£32,000
- To assist in the provision of ship and renewal documentation for approval by the underwriter, as requested, before input into the computer system
- To assist in the updating of the computer system (CSR) to ensure ship information data (name, flag, tonnage etc) is correct.
- To create and update spreadsheets for various data including chartered fleets and declarations for reinsurers.
- To assist in the production of debit/credit notes entries and type the covering letters for dispatch of the same.
- To assist in the production of accounts for Members/Assureds, and to check balances.
- To assist in the processing of laid return applications for shipping after lay-ups, as and when required.
- To assist in the checking and encoding of entry forms for new ships and changes in the ownership, as and when received.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- At least 2 years working in an Underwriter assistant role
- This role is for someone that is happy to stay within a UA role long term
- Marine / P&I experience would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to pick thing up quickly