The Role - Underwriter
To assist in all aspects of the management of the Managed Underwriting Department. This includes the profitable underwriting of managed business, and the detailed analysis of the underwriting results of managed business.
You will be working with the Chief Underwriting Officer and other Underwriters on the management of all aspects of managed underwriting business.
- To provide detailed contract analysis, rate review, and reviews of risk level data and aggregate utilisation in order to provide evidence of performance
- To develop new and existing business relationships and support the development of Client /UW strategies.
- To produce reports, or assist in the production of reports for Underwriting Committees or other committees as required.
- To assist in the development of innovative insurance solutions in cooperation with other business units.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience of underwriting either facultative or delegated US Insurance.
- Property or Personal Lines experience preferred.
- Experience of working directly with Coverholders preferred, but at least experience of working with a Broker.
- Some experience of modelling or RLD analysis preferred.
- A good team player with the ability to co ordinate with multiple stakeholders concurrently.
- A self starter with the ability and confidence to able to make real time decisions.
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience