MB Fitzgerald recruitment are currently working with a national financial services group to recruit a Trainee Investment Manager for their busy team in Glasgow.
This group are highly respected in the sector and provide investment services to HNW individuals, Charities and institutions across the UK. This role within the Investment Management division is a non-advisory position, providing support to the IM's in the management of the private client portfolios.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has studied towards the CISI Wealth Manager qualifications. You will be an Investment focused individual with previous financial servcies experience, keen to build a career at one of the UK's most respected Investment Management organisations.
The company will provide training and support towards further studies, with a clear progression structure towards an Investment Manager position. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and high levels of numeracy to check figures and for stock analysis.
As a Trainee Investment Manager, responsibilities will include:
Fund Management and Research
- Assist Partners with regular portfolio reviews
- Suggest portfolio changes, if appropriate
- Consider recommended share list
- Consider tax implications/check year-end tax packages
- Undertake basis analysis of companie
- Take responsibility for a market sector
- Attend broker meetings, report on and interpret company results
- Attend monthly analysts meeting and be prepared to speak on sector
- Make sector recommendations and weightings
- Draft client correspondence e.g. valuation letters
- Research and draft answers to client queries
- Collate new client information e.g. personal details, stock history, bank details
- Check monthly/quarterly statements
- Prepare cheque requisitions, pay - in credits, Roylines, journals etc
- Process client orders through STP
- Liaise with Investment Back Office and Banking Department on administrative matters eg. stock transfers, corporate actions
- Liaising with clients by telephone, face to face or in writing