Trainee Actuarial Analyst
Our client is seeking a Graduate with a strong maths or numeric degree looking to develop an actuarial career in an entry level position.
A 2.1 or 1st degree in a Maths or Maths-related subject (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Statistics) combined with strong communication skills is essential from a top university.
Supporting a range of business classes, with a focus on individual account pricing, portfolio analyses and model development. This will include the development of pricing and monitoring capabilities for delegated business and new opportunities.
The role is strongly underwriter and client-facing, and incorporates support for broker negotiations.
- Development of a deep understanding of classes, trends and underwriting team strategy Account pricing and underwriter support for broker negotiations
- Ongoing portfolio monitoring for accounts
- Model development
- Support the collection and maintenance of pricing data
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and develop new pricing/visualisation techniques and best practice where opportunities arise
- Collaborate, present and share knowledge with the wider Actuarial team on pricing approaches Assistance for other pricing team activities as required