Primary responsibility is to handle and manage claims arising on policies underwritten in accordance with the Claims policies and procedures. The responsibility extends from first advice, whether directly or to any delegated authority provider, through to liaison with the Reinsurance Department and reinsurers as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- To work closely with underwriters on claims reporting and policy wordings in light of claims experience.
- To assist the Claims Manager or Head of Line with reserving, claims analysis and internal and external reporting.
- To manage external experts including maximising effectiveness of advice and minimising costs/leakage.
- The role requires that there is consistent high delivery against the service standards set by the Managing Agency for all clients and customers, both internal and external, not limited to:-
- Underwriter liaison
- Policyholder liaison
- Conduct Risk assessment and control
- Production of Management Information
- Internal Reporting
- Supply Chain Management
- Ad Hoc Projects
- To be involved as required on operational and other project type work which sits outside typical adjusting workload.
- Management of third parties, including TPA's, Adjusters, Lawyers and Coverholders to the level desired and necessary for the business. This will include, planning and executing audits and contracts terms and monitoring against SLA's.
- Production and delivery of detailed reports, written and data based reports (eg: triangles, account level analysis, renewal stats etc).
- Carry out your role in accordance with prevailing legal and regulatory standards as detailed in company policies, procedures and the Employee Handbook
- Demonstrate appropriate, consistent and complete consideration of our customers and potential customers' interests, throughout our business, on a continuous basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Professional Membership
- ACII (including working towards/ or equivalent)
- Strong analytical skills and preferably (but not necessarily) a legal background.
- Excellent and timely communication skills, including face to face and written presentation.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, set and deliver challenging targets. Candidate will have to take ownership and fully understand the accounts they will be working on, identify strengths and weaknesses of their and the wider team and develop methodologies to improve to optimum desired by business.
- Very strong analytical skills including the ability to review reconcile and process large volumes of data quickly and are able to summarise positions quickly and concisely. E.g.: Claims MI both in writing and verbally.
- Flexibility of personality to work closely with all stakeholders and clients and be able to negotiate the business aims and desires to a successful level.
- Strong negotiation skills, with real time experience of adversarial scenarios.
- Strong IT skills - production and development of claims reports.
- Willingness to develop knowledge base to enable a fully successful role outside of the core role / demands - advancement through training and qualification if necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the current regulatory requirements around claims management in the London insurance market, including delegated authorities.
- Keen knowledge of the current legal environment in key jurisdictions worldwide (UK, Europe USA, Australia).