Our client is currently recruiting for a Retirement Consultant to join their team based in London.
Our client offers arguably one of the most dynamic and enjoyable working environments available within the pensions remit. The role itself will be a Retirement Consultant, where you will utilise your technical pension expertise and knowledge to provide best-in-market service to their clients, particularly as they retire. You should expect to serve clients through a variety of channels including phone and email. You will work as part of a Retirement team and inside the wider Personal Investor Service with your main objective to deliver outstanding service to our clients and encouraging them to foster a lasting relationship with the business.
The main focus within this role will be SIPP's, so previous experience working with SIPP products is required.
Furthermore, you'll be providing technical expertise, executing all routine client guidance (e.g. online) and coordinating complex transactions (e.g. fund transfers) for the Pension offering. In addition, you will be responsible for translating the Pension rules into terms that resonate with clients and ultimately lead to a heightened level of understanding.
On offer will be a generous package of:
- £43,000 (Potentially higher for the right candidate)
- Two bonuses per annum totalling around £10,000-12,000
- 15% Pension
- PMI, 8x Life Assurance, Gym Membership, Travel Loan
- Support for all financial services and external training and qualifications
- 25 days holiday + buy/ 5 extra
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all client queries are responded to within defined service levels and in line with Business Standards. Documents and investigates breaches and omissions and takes corrective action to prevent further incidents. Focuses on providing best-in class service during client interactions.
- Understands client needs, expectations and behaviours and provides the appropriate materials/responses to meet those needs. Communicates effectively with clients and third parties keeping them informed of change/issues etc. Champions service excellence and demonstrates attention to account details.
- Maintains strong relationships with internal and external business partners throughout the organisation. Works with internal business departments in order to ensure timely delivery of requests/enquiries to clients/prospects in order to provide the highest quality client interaction and enhance the client welcome experience.
- Analyses and resolves complex client issues including complaints. Responsible for identifying trends and providing information across the team in order to ensure best practice recommendations are being shared. May be responsible for creating reporting, spreadsheets and graphs to identify trending.
- Continually develops CRM skills, sales skills and financial knowledge based on coaching and client feedback. Develops expertise on relevant market developments. Maintains an appropriate level of business and industry knowledge including keeping current on business policies and objectives. Maintains a strong awareness of industry competition, including types and levels of service offered.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Participates in potential readouts to the team, management and other departments if applicable.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or ability to obtain within one year.
- Experience of dealing with clients through Digital channels preferred.
- Familiar with basic web functionality in order to resolve client queries.
- Experienced in speaking with clients and providing guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to hold intelligent conversations and build rapport over the phone.
- Strong foundation of mutual fund industry and investment knowledge.
- In depth knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills