Global reinsurer is seeking a Technical Accountant for the Reinsurance Operations team. The role includes processing, monitoring and administrative tasks and the position will be part of a team reporting directly to the Reinsurance Operations Controller.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Receipt, review and accurate data entry of Proportional and Non-Proportional Treaty Accounting statements.
- Booking and applying cash receipts/disbursements
- Assist with monitoring, processing and allocating accounts receivables/payables with clients/brokers
- Maintenance of the reinsurance receivables ledger
- Processing of payments
- Perform and assist in monthly closing procedures for the reinsurance system, including reconciliations, controls and analysis
- Handling the process of reminders for outstanding balances and overdue accounts
- Collaborate with Reinsurance Operations team members focusing on transactional underwriting to facilitate an improved understanding and cross functional review of the full life cycle of reinsurance contract.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement / design of operations processes, policies and guidelines
To be successful in the role you will need to have technical accounting experience from a Lloyd's background, dealing with IMR's, ledgers and monthly closings.
You must be AVALIABLE IMEMDATELY