The Role - Quality Control Technician
A great opportunity to work with the Underwriting, Broking and Technical departments to review and ensure the quality of Underwriting/ Broking files and contract documentation in terms of compliance, accuracy and to ensure that company meets it regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Quality Control check of technical documentation in respect of In House risks and Binding Authorities, such as quote/binding sheets, confirmations of cover, and accounting entries to ensure they match the specifications and meet both regulatory requirements and the terms of any delegated authority, in accordance with Brokers internal guidelines.
- Assist with the periodic review of files in line with the Brokers Internal Audit Framework.
- To assist with the drafting, development and review of new and revised wordings and clauses, either for new business/programmes or to comply with changes in regulation and market practices. This may include assisting other departments or offices with resolving queries relating to wordings and clauses. There will be opportunity to develop knowledge within wordings and clauses.
- Assist with ad hoc projects for the Quality Control team, Technical, Broking and Underwriting departments and Compliance.
- Attendance at regular Wordings/Quality Control team meetings and wider Technical department meetings.
- Maintain up to date awareness of market practices, FCA rules and other relevant legislation/regulations, particularly as relating to wordings, clauses, Binding Authority Agreements and other contract documentation.
- To embrace and actively implement the core principles of Continuous Conversations (Commitments, Feedback and Development) as part of daily activities and with other colleagues.
- Take ownership of and make personal and professional development a priority as part of Continuous Conversations.
- In line with Continuous Conversations, establish and achieve development aspirations and needs through the setting of commitments and giving and receiving frequent, constructive feedback (referring to resources provided for support).
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a policy wordings or underwriting role is preferable, in particular US Property/Transportation would be a distinct advantage.
- Good standard of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
- MS Office skills essential, knowledge of insurance/broking systems desirable