MB Fitzgerald are currently working with a specialist Pensions and Actuarial Consultancy who are looking to recruit a Pensions 'Expert Witness Report Writer' for their team in Edgbaston.
Part of a highly respected, national Investment Management Organisation, this team specialise in advising on financial settlements in divorce cases where pensions are involved.
We are looking for a confident, technically competent pensions professional with a strong mathematical capability. You must have an excellent knowledge of DB Pensions, gained from years of experience of working within the industry. You will have a minimum of an A Level in Maths or the equivalent qualification from a University course and should be confident of your ability to consider mathematical problems in a creative way. Those who have studied for professional qualifications through the CII, PMI or IFoA will be preferred although this is not essential.
You should have the ability to:
- Calculate and revalue defined benefit pensions and cash equivalent transfer values.
- Comment on the factors influencing changes to defined benefit pension benefits.
- Value defined contribution pension arrangements and calculate annuities at retirement in today's money.
- Analyse member pension data for accuracy and completeness and follow up with scheme administrators where appropriate.
- Consider documentation provided by pension holders and pension scheme administrators related to the pensions being considered in matrimonial proceedings and produce a comprehensive Report which provides a summary of all pensions and recommendations on how pensions should be split between the divorcing parties based on the specifications within a Letter of Instruction.
- Consider a Letter of Instruction and decide whether it is within the Company's area of Expertise and can be accepted.
- Provide a written response summarising what data will be required to enable the Report to be written and to use initiative in providing a timeframe to our instructing solicitors.
- Undertake reviews of Reports written by peers both prose and calculations thereby ensuring technical accuracy and readability of all Reports.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a specialist organisation at an exciting time in their development. There will be opportunities to progress within the company and you will be supported with studies towards suitable professional qualifications.
A basic salary of up to £55,000 plus an excellent company benefits package and discretionary bonus will be provided to the successful candidate.