MB Fitzgerald are currently working with an interesting, progressive IFA business in the centre of Manchester who are recruiting for a Paraplanner to join their team.
The business has a true identity, with an active interest in the world outside of Financial services and a focus on ethical & responsible investment advice. We are looking for a candidate that will share these values and thrive in their positive working environment.
We are seeking a candidate from a Paraplanning background who has a strong knowledge of FS products such as Pensions, Investments, ISA's etc as well as the general Financial Planning process. Ideally candidates will already be working in a Paraplanner or Junior Paraplanner role and have previous experience of working with Intelligent Office. It would also suit an Administrator with Report writing experience who is looking for a step up.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to financial planning support offered to their clients, taking into consideration their values, needs and expectations; whilst working in a mutually benefiting partnership with existing financial advisors.
Outline of the role:
- Preparing illustrations for advisers using various different websites and tools
- Preparing financial reports and suitability letters with regards to the adviser's recommendations in a complaint manner
- Contributing to the advice process by actively challenging and seeking alternative solutions
- Undertaking technical research and analysis of data collected on behalf of clients
- Liaise with clients post meetings answering technical queries
- Proactive approach in identifying investments opportunities for clients
- Minimum of 1 year's experience in IFA or similar
- Must have Report Writing experience
- Preferably already working towards Level 4 or willing to
- Working knowledge of Intelligent Office or similar
- Strong Educatuional background
- Fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written
- A keen interest in financial planning
- Operating knowledge of Excel