A well established and successful financial planning practice based in Taunton is seeking to hire a new member of staff into a key role. You will have overall responsibility for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office.
Duties will include:
- Delegate work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- File checks of new business and annual reviews
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Maintain compliance with current legislation by review of existing procedures on a regular basis
- Process any client complaints
- Liaise with providers re user access etc.
- Liaise with external compliance company re annual visits
- Oversee the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction;
- Maintain training programme of new and current advisers
- Promote staff development and training for all admin staff and maintain compliant level of knowledge
- Carry out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
- Attend conferences and training;
- Management of website and social media.
- Process regulatory reports to FCA
Candidates will ideally have previously worked within a similar role with either an IFA or financial institution and you will need to show evidence of the following skills and personal qualities -
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads;
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability.
An excellent opportunity to join a successful and profitable business offering a competitive salary, bonus and benefits.