MB Fitzgerald are currently representing one of the largest claim’s management and specialist field service firms in the UK. Our client is seeking 2 claims handlers to join their growing and vibrant liability team based in Colchester.
As part of the Claims Function and reporting to the Claims Team Manager or Claims Centre Manager, the role of Claims Handler Level 2 is to manage effectively a caseload of claims ensuring that company policy, procedure and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Deliver all specific objectives as assigned upon appointment
- Efficiently handle all claims which form part of the job holder’s file allocation in accordance with group SLA’s are
- Deliver effective and proactive communications when negotiating, focusing on claims resolution to optimise settlement times
- Deliver a customer centric claims proposition that will enhance the Company reputation / brand.
- Ensure that all regulatory obligations, legal requirements and company procedures and service level agreements are met
- Technical authority to handle all claims in accordance with the job holder’s claims license document
- Refer claims which fall outside of personal authority levels to appropriate referral point
- Gather and process information, as directed, to support the effective assessment of more complex cases
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training & Competency requirements.
- Carry out robust diary management of an assigned caseload and improve closing ratios to above 100%
- At all times provide excellent customer service and encourage others to do likewise.
- Adhere to the Company Supplier Panel
- Oversight and accountability for delivering for our customers by full compliance with the Company Complaint Management process
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the company, and where circumstances dictate, work more flexible / additional hours to support the claims proposition for our customers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 /year