Our client is a highly regarded and successful Investment Management business with offices close to St Paul's in the City of London.
They currently seek to recruit for an Investment & Operations Assistant to join their back office team.
Client Service Delivery (Value – Client Focused)
- To perform policy information gathering of existing products and investments that new clients may hold.
- To perform AML and PEP checks using our online service and recording the outcome in our CRM system.
- To work with the data management team to complete client set up in our back office system in readiness for record keeping, time booking and billing.
- To establish online access to financial product providers where these are not already available.
- To assist in developing the best practice of client on-boarding, including templates, checklists, tools, provider relationship contact points.
- Under the direction and request of the Business Support Manager, to support with:
- Providing support regarding processes and procedures
- The administration of the Saunderson House client portal
- The management of third party data feeds
- Management reporting
- The administrative and data management duties using back office systems
- Processing of provider statements
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous experience from within a financial services company, preferably a financial advisory or discretionary investment management firm
- An up to date knowledge of pension products and the various attributes (benefits, guarantees, penalties etc.) of a pension policy that can apply
- An up to date knowledge of protection policy types and the key information they can provide
- An up to date knowledge of investment account types (GIA, ISA and others)
- 3 good A levels, or equivalent, preferred
- Minimum requirement is 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including English Language and Maths
- Ideally, qualifications such as FA7 or R04 – but these are not essential
- Microsoft Office capabilities including Excel, Word and perhaps PowerPoint
- Experience of Advisor Office or equivalent client relationship management system
Skills and Attributes
- Confident telephone manner – with ability to politely influence and escalate enquiries through to resolution
- Highly organised – with a particular ability to manage outstanding information requests from providers and to follow through to completion
- Highly organised – ability to perform work in line with an agreed priority regime and to respond constructively to follow-up requests
- An ‘ask when not sure’ attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach to all job aspects
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude