Our client is a highly regarded Wealth Management organisation with offices across the UK. They are recognised as one of the leading businesses within Financial Planning & Wealth Management, with over £47Bn in assets under management.
Our client currently seeks to recruit for an Investment Analyst to join their team based out of Bracknell.
In this role your primary focus wil be to provide dedicated technical support in data management and manipulation techniques. Which will include MS Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Microsoft structured query language (MS-SQL) based procedures and calculations.
The role predominantly facilitates the delivery of compliant, efficient and scalable investment procedures and controls, data management, collection and storage.
There will also be exposure to a range of regular fund activities and the production of key investment content and internal/regulatory reporting for all managed investment propositions.
Your day to day responsibilities will include;
- Develop a detailed understanding of investment systems and processes
- Maintain and evolve MS Excel templates and VBA scripts, including operational monitoring, computation and instruction
- Enhance the calculation engines for in house performance and risk models, including attribution and stress testing
- Generate performance monitoring using Morningstar
- Take ownership of the central MS Access Database and Graphical user interface as well as other management information systems and data validation checks, where appropriate
- Ensure all team processes work towards mitigation of operational and regulatory risk
- Provide high quality support for ad hoc technical requests from the broader team and wider business as required
- To assist with the administration of the Investment Funds to ensure all deliverables are met including validation of underlying data and key outputs
- Provision of coverage for trade calculation, submission and monitoring
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- Have a high level of applied skill in MS Excel, VBA and MS Access or MS-SQL development
- Have a strong preference for experience in a dedicated coding/data analysis role
- Be proficient in the use of Morningstar desirable
- Will Ideally hold one of the following qualifications: CFA Level 1/ CFA IMC / CISI IOC
- Have a proven analytical abilities and highly numerate
- Have the ability to work at pace and deliver against established personal and team targets
- Be client focused with a desire to meet the needs of the business
- Be detail orientated and able to work accurately under time pressure
- Industry knowledge, understanding of regulatory and governance framework, funds and model portfolios preferable.
On offer is an exceptional package of to £42,000 plus bonus & very good benefits package.