A good client of ours is currently in the market to recruit for an Intermediary Account Manager to join their London office. This role will be home based for the time being, but longer term will be based from their office close to London Bridge.
We are currently working with the highly renowned Investment Management organisation, who are looking to hire an Intermediary Account Manager to join their team.
- The purpose of the role is to provide opportunities for the Regional BDM
- Work with BDM and Regional Head to agree a developmental panel of accounts they will own and be responsible for business development from.
- Lead new business development with this panel.
- Frontline for all company products, undertaking regular product training to maintain knowledge at a level sufficient to talk in depth about investment solutions, DFM and platform.
- Manage retention and upsell to an agreed list of existing key accounts.
- Have a regular structured meeting with line manager to review and discuss panel progress, general performance and agreed priorities going forward. Service
- Support the BDM with their development work on their wider panel accounts as required.
- Field-based visits as and when appropriate.
- Adopt a joint BDM/BAM working model with a shared list of clients where the BAM operates as the daily contact and the BDM lead account manager.
- Agree an ongoing contact strategy with these clients.
- Regularly meet and formally review both panels with the relevant BDM and promote/relegate clients as appropriate.
- Assist with regional event planning and organisation.
- Assist with targeted campaign follow-ups, e.g. Summits.
Business Development Skills Required
- Commercial awareness in order to build credibility with IFAs, to understand their situation, businesses and motivations, and to input into develop the content and format of effective marketing messages which are targeted to deliver the companies proposition appropriately in this competitive environment.
- Relationship building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with individuals, both in terms of personal competence and trustworthiness. Questioning and listening skills which are focused and empathic in order to fully understand the individuals' true understanding, views and feelings.
- Verbal skills in order to clearly and passionately communicate and persuade on the appropriate company proposition and information to the intermediaries and advisors.
- Mental dexterity to respond appropriately, accurately and relevantly to questions, challenges and any misapprehensions from IFAs.
- Assertiveness and tenacity in order to address specific challenges and objections on the telephone and to close for commitment, action, and orders in a professional and effective manner.
- The ideal candidate needs to hold 5 GCSE's including Maths & English (Grade C or above) and ideally educated to degree level.
- A good grounding in financial services, ideally qualified with a Diploma in Financial Planning (CII or similar) or Investment Management Diploma, or with a desire to complete in the near future.
On offer is a package of -
- Basic salary - to £45,000
- Income Protection
- Pension - 6% ER or 8% ER / 2% EE
- 25 days holiday