Our client is one of the biggest financial services organisations in the world and specialises in both Asset Management & Pensions. Their current requirement is for an experienced individual to join the business within a Pensions Advice Team Leader role, overseeing a number of Pensions/Retirement Consultants.
Job duties will involve;
- Supervises staff, provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established the businesses standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides feedback in accordance with all applicable Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Assists the Retirement Consultants to provide technical expertise, execute all routine client guidance (e.g. online) and coordinates complex transactions (e.g. fund transfers) for the Pension offering.
- Develops and masters your team's retirement industry acumen through continuous learning, self-development opportunities and then passing the knowledge on to your team through training sessions.
- Reacts appropriately to volumes. Adapts to a changing working environment or changes in policies in a positive manner. Adheres to all departmental, corporate, and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Maintains a high level of efficiency by meeting set standards for both quality and productivity. Maintains and expands a thorough working knowledge of the businesses processing systems. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all departmental policies and procedures for processing client requests.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of retirement policies and procedures by proactively anticipating and addressing issues/trends that may impact shareholders and/or the business.
The ideal person will have;
- Possess relevant pension industry recognised qualifications.
- Extensive pension administration experience, with any experience in the retirement income phase being favoured.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group or individuals to meet and exceed expected results in accordance with departmental and organisational goals.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Package will be to £70,000 plus bonus & an excellent benefits package.