A leading UK Wealth Managers with a national presence seek to recruit a Head of Paraplanning to head up their technical function based out of their City of London offices
The Paraplanner Manager will work primarily overseeing the advice provided by the firm, supporting the Senior Wealth Advisers and Wealth Planning Directors in carrying out high quality outcomes for clients based on a full range of financial planning products and services, adhering to the Firm’s processes and compliance framework. This will include first line management of the Paraplanning team.
- Manage the workflow of the Paraplanning team to ensure effective allocation of workloads and consistency of approach within the team;
- Handle and resolve day to day queries arising from both direct reports, Senior Wealth Advisers and Wealth Planning Directors;
- Act as the point of contact for escalated or complex issues within the Paraplanning team;
- Coach and develop the paraplanning team – provide a forum for sharing expertise;
- Prepare, manage, arrange and follow through training plans for direct reports;
- Conducting annual and interim performance reviews for the Paraplanning team, within the Firm’s timescales;
- Agree and monitor holiday, sickness and any other form of absence from the office
- Conduct return to work interviews when appropriate.
- Draft and co-ordinate technical documents and research for client presentation, supported by the Senior Paraplanners within the team;
- Continuously seek ways to improve report templates and insert documents (including financial planning and life planning reports) thus creating efficiency and consistency, supported by the Senior Paraplanners within the team;
- Work closely with Senior Wealth Advisers and Wealth Planning Directors in each location to ensure effectiveness of Paraplanning activities;
- Review FCA thematic reviews to provide feedback and input on internal processes to ensure the most effective ways of working;
- Participate in national development activities for Paraplanners and assist in the design and implementation of training programmes and events.
- Manage research on financial product panels (Offshore Bond, Onshore Bond, Personal Pension, Stakeholder Pension and SIPP).
- Maintain relationships with product providers, to research innovations and new technologies, supported by the Senior Paraplanners within the team;
- Produce and publish research reports, supporting documents, presentation material as needed, supported by the Senior Paraplanners within the team;
- Create and maintain a database for research in specific fields such as tax efficient investments, supported by the Senior Paraplanners within the team;
- Provide first line sign off for hurdle rates, off panel funds/products and large investments into tax efficient products;
- Experience of providing a first class paraplanning service;
- Experience of managing a highly productive team to deliver an efficient technical research and quality report writing service;
- Experience and understanding of overseeing the delivery of high quality advice within a business;
- Analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data;
- Ability to provide recommendations based on key client information, in line with their stated needs, objectives, risk profile and market trends;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly numerate and with an eye for detail;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Ability to offer thoughtful commentary on industry trends;
- Strong written and oral communication skills both internally and externally
- Windows computer packages including Adviser Office (1st Software), Voyant, Exchange, SEI and Financial Express Analytics, together with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
This is a first class opportunity to work for one of the largest and fastest growing wealth manager in the UK offering a high competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.