One of the UKs fastest growing financial planning networks with over 500 RIs are seeking to recruit a Head of Network Investments to be based out of their Horsham offices.
Main Functions of the job:
- To be the primary point of contact and negotiator for the Group, in relation to the development of the company's investment proposition.
- To design and assist member firms with the development of their client strategy and proposition.
- To be responsible for the Product Governance regime within the Company including the responsibility for the due diligence on products and funds that the Company has decided to include within its investment strategy deployed to advisers.
- To be responsible for matters relating to Mortgage Intermediation and Insurance Distribution by leading on matters with manufacturers and lenders within the distribution strategy.
- Responsible for the ongoing relationships with product manufacturers, fund managers, lenders and insurers used by advisers.
- Responsible for supporting, directing and controlling the investment strategies of appointed representative to ensure that their use of all products and funds are acceptable to the company particularly identifying and monitoring the target market of the product or fund. For reporting to the senior managers and executive members MI on the extent of use by appointed representatives of the range of products, funds and institutions on a monthly basic to the former and quarterly to the latter.
- Responsible for the development of and management of the investment, pensions, mortgage and insurance software and systems being used by appointed representatives collectively known as Adviser technology for the purpose of investment research amongst other forms of product and fund research.
- To act in accordance with the FCA Statement of Principles, Code of Practice of
- Approved Persons, Senior Managers Conduct Rules and other statutory objectives.
- To build the companies investment platform, its management capability and reputation, and to grow its current assets and portfolio of funds to sustain network growth and impact.
- Oversee portfolio risk.
- Chair the Investment Committee.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to select investments.
- Develop efficient investment processes and procedures.
- Engage in regular research and reading to stay appraised about the state of the UK
- economy, global financial markets, and general current events and communicate a viewpoint to all stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge about financial products available clients, including bonds, stocks, investments, and trusts.
- Work closely with investment analysts to assess financial information and investment opportunities.
- Devise investment strategies to achieve strategic objectives.
- Undertake due diligence of existing and new partner organisations.
- Analyse the performance of investments.
- Build, manage and maintain investor relationships (including reporting), relationships with colleagues and with member firms.
- Compile Management reports covering developments and activity over the previous
- month and attend such meetings.
- Identify ways of providing added value to the membership.
- Support marketing initiatives to secure new investment.
- To promote and work at all times towards In Partnership's policy of delivery of Client Best Interest outcomes.
- To ensure adherence at all times to the company's suite of policy and procedures, with distinct regard and compliance with the Conflict of Interest Policy and Inducement and Incentive policy.
- To take responsibility for own performance and to identify personal development areas.
Candidates will ideally be qualified to Chartered level and will have previous sales and senior managerial experience within a regulated company of at least 3 years.
This is a first class opportunity to work for one of the UKs leading and fastest growing financial planning networks who can offer a highly competitive salary and genuine career enhancement opportunities.