Role: Head of Claims, Mitigation and Recovery
Reporting to the CEO of this Global Insurance Company. Primary focus of this role will be to lead a Claims team for a defined business segment including, Claim Handling, Mitigation and Recoveries team in handling, mitigation and resolution as economically feasible.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organise, prioritise and optimise the structure and organisation of the team, to achieve, favorable outcomes.
- Ultimately that impact should be measured both in reserves as on loss avoidance, containment and recoveries.
- Set up and execute strategies to drive the handling of claims and matters in litigation.
- Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer focused approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, honest and personable communications with all parties.
- Be able to engage with the Company's actuarial function to affect reserving decisions as well as the rest of the Claims Team supporting Structural defects, the global claims organisation and third parties.
- Optimise the return on invested resources and expenses.
- Support legal efforts and design & propose different strategic alternatives to the current Third-Party Administrators (TPA) arrangements
- Provide high quality commentary on the weekly movements, monthly and quarterly reports to the relevant parties on claim trends or developments.
- Oversight of expert providers ensuring that they are acting in line the Company's claims and reserving philosophy.
- Complete the annual Performance Review process for all direct reports, to include completing a thorough assessment as it relates to performance against delivery in post, the core competency framework and conduct standards. Ensure appropriate objectives are set, learning and development plans completed and that any performance or behaviour not meeting expectations is managed promptly and appropriately.
- Other duties may be assigned in order to meet the on-going needs of the organisation
- Professional membership.
- Prior experience coordinating with senior executives.
- Proven experience implementing process and strategy change and execution.
- Strong leadership skills
- Drive change management and processes
- Service / business enabler mentality.
- Ability to interpret regulations and provide practical context.
- Highly organised.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Understand and communicate with the Reinsurance community.
- Background on construction, structural defects, or property/engineering/architectural matters an advantage but not essential.