Role: Delegated Authority Manager
- The Delegated Authority Manager will advance and manage the Syndicate framework for monitoring Portfolio/Delegated business, ensuring compliance with Lloyds Minimum Standards, Syndicate Data Requirements and local Regulatory bodies for Europe and the Managing Agent
- Continually improve the quality and the cost using a combination of outsourced providers and technology as a global function.
- Delegated Authority Manager supporting US Binding Authority and Terrorism/PV business classes
The Delegated Authority Manager will provide oversight and management of the monitoring operations of DUA performance in terms of reporting and compliance requirements:
- Provide Reporting and Analysis of Profitability & Performance of individual Delegated UW Authority contracts (liaising with UWs, Claims and Reporting as required)
- Monitor Premium Income Limits (including writing patterns and accurate income estimates)
- Manage DUA outsourcing arrangements (e.g. VIPR / Capita)
- Ensure Segmentation and Data Requirements are agreed and well understood by interested parties (Operations Leads, Claims, Underwriting and Pricing)
- Formal review/sign off of all "in scope" DUA contracts as defined in Company Policies and Procedures.
- Data Management
- Ensure that agreed Requirements have been appropriately implemented and approved by Outsourced provider
- Monitoring timely receipt
- Aggregation Monitoring (working with Aggregations Technicians)
- Credit Control (working with Finance/Operations)
- To provide technical advice and manage day to day relations with underwriters and brokers to ensure that the Syndicate's DUA requirements are understood and implemented.
- The DUA Manager is responsible for ensuring that both internal and external resources are sufficient in terms of skills and experience to meet the needs of the business.
- Sound knowledge of FCA and Lloyd's and major foreign regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of Lloyd's Minimum Standards for Delegated Underwriting and Conduct Risk
- Competent MS Office user to intermediate level.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Time management skills, able to work unsupervised, and to independently prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Team management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good numerical skills.