A central resource to support the Managing Agency's primary functions of underwriting, claims, finance, actuarial and risk management by providing operational support in the areas of Outsourcing, provision of IT systems, Change & Project Management, Vendor Management, Data Warehousing and Data Governance..
Role and Duties:
- To act as a single point of reference for Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Management and support the implementation of the Company's Existing Data Governance Framework & Policies
- Support the business in setting master data standards and ensure that any key change to a data standard is understood and its integrated downstream impact (systems and warehouses) is fully assessed
- Support the Head of Data & MI by running an effective process for the identification, analysis and resolution of data issues in the business.
- Act as an effective liaison point between the Data Warehouse team and the Business unit (specifically finance & actuarial) in reconciling any data issues arising at month end, or as a result ongoing DW development.
- Support the Director of Finance in signing off monthly DW dashboards
- Represent the operating Unit in the DW Implementation Team for the remainder of the DW implementation and in all future development
- Be instrumental in driving consistent data accuracy and providing training and support to business functions as necessary.
- Participate in and support the delivery of future Data Warehouse projects
- Run routine data quality searches to proactively highlight and resolve data issues, as well as performing daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain current Data Flows, Diagrams and Directories, ensuring they are kept up-to-date and that all relevant Solvency II requirements are met.
- Support the Capital & Risk Management teams in running the process to regularly review and approve capital model data feeds.
- Work with the Business Analyst to improve data documentation in the business
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a data steward environment for a Lloyd's syndicate or insurance company
- Experience of working alongside and supporting Data Warehouse teams and finance teams within an insurance company setting
- Experience of implementing Data Governance standards and policies
- Experience with master data management. Preferably with a tool like SQL Server Master Data Services.