Role: Compliance Assistant
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Compliance - and the Company Secretary in ensuring that the group of companies comply with all internal policies, laws and regulations applicable to their activities, including activities authorised and regulated by the PRA and the FCA.
- To keep up to date regarding knowledge of Bermuda, European and UK law (including Lloyd's), regulations and corporate governance requirements relevant to the operation of the UK companies. * To assist in advising the business on compliance related queries as well as design and provide training as appropriate.
- To assist in the monitoring and design of corporate governance, regulatory and legal policies, procedures, systems, controls and checks to identify and mitigate risk.
- To assist in the monitoring and conducting of intermediary fitness reviews on proposed and existing intermediaries, including the implementation and maintenance of the records for standard market Terms of Business agreements ("TOBA").
- To actively establish relationships with all business units as well as external companies, including the PRA/FCA and to attend meetings as directed by management.
- To ensure regulatory filings/renewals are made on a timely basis to the PRA, FCA and other regulators, including renewal of regulatory memberships.
- To assist the Company Secretary as directed in relation to company secretarial duties for the UK companies and their sub committees.
- To assist with all duties relating to the Group Data Protection Officer, including maintaining training packs, policies and any other updates as instructed.
- To assist with the collation, filing and recording of regulatory returns including overseas licencing. * Any other duties as the Head of Compliance may assign from time to time.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Educated to a good level.
- Experience in an insurance regulatory compliance environment in a London market company, a Lloyd's underwriting agent or in a regulatory organisation