MB Fitzgerald are excited to be working on a fantastic new position as a Complaints Manager with the claims team. If you have strong interpersonal skills to deal with difficult people issues and provide the right outcome for the person and the business with a track record of leading and directing customer complaints processes and controls, engaging with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of fair customer outcomes in adherence with regulatory, this may just be the role for you.
- Complete ownership for all my claims complaints with responsibility to ensure that all customers receive a fair and consistent outcome. Ensuring all complaints are logged correctly on the system, acknowledged, holding letters issued and final responses issued, and within FCA timescales.
- Responsibility for investigating all claims complaints, liaising with colleagues and relevant suppliers and stakeholders to establish exactly what's gone on and whether or not the policy terms have been correctly applied. Translating complex pieces of information (such as technical reports and building surveys) and specific policy clauses to establish whether a claim event is covered or not and whether or not the customer has received the level of service they have a right to expect.
- Ownership of all Chief Executive, media, high profile and complex complaints to final resolution. Responsible for engaging with the Executive Team to keep them informed of all such complaints and to agree resolutions and to coordinate the response.
- Responsible for drafting clear customer letters, summary resolutions and final decision letters for all claims complaints. Translating complex pieces of information into clear and succinct customer communication.
- Lead the continuous improvement of businesses processes, ensuring that learnings and service failures are fed into the product, pricing, marketing and claims teams.
- Liaise with the Ombudsman services as appropriate. Review outcome of appeals handled by both the ombudsman services and the company, ensuring that results and learnings are understood, and that complaint handling guidelines and local processes are amended accordingly.
Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with difficult people issues and provide the right outcome for the person and the business.
- Ability to react positively to problem solving and different leadership styles.
· Strong people skills, showing that you can support people development and succession planning.
· Knowledge and understanding of FCA procedures.
· Knowledge of FCA regulations, specifically around complaints handling
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to convey information in a manner that remains clear, impartial, factual and concise
· Previous complaints handling experience is desirable but not essential.
· Ability to identify and record root cause of complaints.
Please send us your application if you feel this opportunity is of interest and we will be in contact shortly. Please visit the MB Fitzgerald website for more vacancies. MB Fitzgerald will treat your application in the strictest of confidence and we thank you for your interest shown.