Role - Commercial Underwriter / Solicitor
This leading insurer of risks involving title and related areas of property and property finance have a unique range of policies to help lawyers involved in commercial and residential property transactions resolve both known and unknown title issues and help problem transactions close on time.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a high achiever to be involved in major property deals across the UK.
- As a Commercial Underwriter you will play a key role in driving business forward in the UK.
- The role will involve underwriting high net worth commercial legal indemnity risks, negotiating and maximising business profitability by means of effective and flexible underwriting decision and techniques.
- You will have significant limits and authority on cases of technical complexity.
- You will build strong relationships with clients, solicitors, brokers and business units plus assist sales team in the development of these relationships through presentations, meetings and corporate events.
- In addition, you will provide support and guidance to trainee underwriters to develop their technical/commercial proficiency and contribute to ongoing initiatives and projects.
Appropriate underwriting and product training will be given. Some travel may be required.
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a solicitor/qualified lawyer with approximately 3 years+ PQE, or for an existing legal indemnity underwriter, who can demonstrate detailed knowledge of commercial and residential property law.
- You will have proven experience of handling acquisitions and disposal, landlord & tenant and development work, and the sale and acquisition of commercial sites for development purposes.