Our client is a reputable, National Financial Planning business. With offices across the UK, they are in a prime position to deliver both Investments & Wealth Management services to HNW individuals.
With strong financial backing and plans for ongoing expansion, they are currently in the market to recruit for a new Commercial Strategic Director to join the organisation, to report directly to the Managing Director.
This will be a home based role so can be based anywhere in the UK.
- Support the Commercial Director (CD), in driving and achieving and implementing the teams key strategic KPIs
- To lead the acquisition and integration for sales, developing robust project plans and working with and supporting the acquisition team to ensure all sales milestones are achieved on time
- Continually review client propositions and work with the Adviser Relationship Managers (ARMs) and members of the IFA team to determine strategic direction to increase revenue and constantly improve the client experience
- Develop excellent communication channels to develop strong networks with teams, stakeholders and management to implement best practices, streamline processes and support overall organisational success.
- A member of the Commercial Director’s senior management team, contributing to and driving mid and long-term strategy
- Consider long term strategy and business goals to create further efficiencies in the monitoring, collation and presentation of KPIs against targets to ensure sales team are on track to achieve both individual and teams budgeted targets
- Devise, implement and maintain strategic projects to benefit and improve the day to day operational functions of the Wealth & corporate teams
- Lead on business acquisition projects for the sales team – establish deliverable integration project plans, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure adherence and effective delivery
- Ongoing review of client experience and service propositions, consider improvements for client facing documentation with consideration for a more bespoke suite of client literature for HNW clients
- Consider enhancements of bespoke proposition with a view to attracting professional connections, attract and retain HNW clients and aid negotiations with potential acquisitions
- Ensure effective communication and organisational change management is implemented on projects, involving all stakeholders
- Identify, manage, escalate and mitigate all risks and issues on projects
- Work with the Business Development Manager to understand how to drive forward commercial partnerships to help maximise long term success
- Identify external threats & opportunities for business growth and build these into strategy development, using understanding of the market & industry.
- Ensure adherence to risk management policies and approvals framework when making changes that may impact other areas of the business
Experience and core skills
Skills & Experience
- Experience and understanding of client proposition and client experience
- Proven track record of improving process and revenue through strategic planning and implementation
- Proven track record of presenting and delivering results to Senior Managers and Board members
- Proven track record of excellent client service and project delivery
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads, working well under pressure, meeting strict deadlines in a changing environment
- Fast thinking and able to flex between strategic and tactical
- Minimum 5 years management experience – track record of managing successful teams
- Understanding of AO/IO with a good knowledge of platforms and providers
- Diploma qualified - CF30 requirement and current SPS
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and committed
- Logical analytical thought process with attention to detail
- Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement
- Modifies approach as changes occur to ensure results are achieved
- Focuses on client needs and sets high standards, monitors and maintains quality productivity
- Be aware of and demonstrates an interest in the market
- Strong leadership qualities, copes with change and inspires others
- Leverage the strength of others to accomplish goals
- Can make decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Contributes to the long-term strategic plan