A long established firm of independent financial advisers and investment managers, providing advice to individual and to corporate clients. Established in 1985, the firm manages private client investments of £500M. All client portfolios are managed on an individually bespoke basis, primarily in portfolios of collective investments, but also in individual Gilts, structured products and money market deposits.
This client is seeking to recruit a highly experienced financial planning professional with no ambitions to move into a client facing role. The role would suit an individual with 8-10 years' experience working in a support/technical capacity that has made good progress towards Level 4.
- The role will involve undertaking administration and sales support tasks to assist the directors of the company in providing financial planning advice to their clients.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Client liaison and contact via phone and email
- Compiling preparation packs for client meetings
- Carrying out analysis of products and providing comparisons between existing and proposed holdings
- Responding quickly and accurately to queries raised either by clients or advisers
- Preparing enclosures for client letters
- Processing applications and following up with investment houses on all transactions to ensure instructions are executed as requested
- Executing new business transactions and other dealing requirements including fund switches, sales and purchases of unit trusts, ISAs, investment bonds and SIPPs
- Ensure that relevant documentation is always completed and correctly filed
- Carrying out administration tasks and providing other support to advisers as required
- Performing analysis of investment performance and individual funds
Technical and Personal skills required
- Strong track record from previous IFA sales support roles
- Knowledge of Adviser Office (also known as 1st, Iress, Avelo) database
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail on all work performed
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Problem-solving approach
- Personality that thrives in a pressurised environment
- Initiative and judgement: making decisions where appropriate
- Confident, willing and approachable manner
- Team player: reliable and supportive of colleagues
- Motivated and driven to contribute and exceed in the role
- Professional approach, polished presentation and excellent telephone manner
- Good numerical skills
My client is happy to pay a salary in the region of £45,000 - £50,000, a first class opportunity for an experienced, technically strong individual who is seeking an interesting and challenging role in a stable working environment.