Role: Claims Administrator
Role and Duties:
A great opportunity to work within a vibrant claims team, reporting into the Claims Manager of this Lloyd's Syndicate
- The role is both administrative and technical in nature, and will involve carrying out a variety of tasks supporting all members of the claims team.
- The candidate will be required to maintain a high level of accuracy, and will usually be working under strict deadlines.
- The position will involve data entry, filing and other routine administrative tasks, along with the opportunity to work with our MI team to develop and enhance the current systems and processes in which the team work.
- This role will also include the opportunity to carry out some junior claims handling tasks by assisting in the of the various delegated authority accounts handled by the team.
Main areas of responsibility
The administrative part of the role will include but not limited to:
- Setting up claims and filing correspondence/ documents on to the internal system used by the claims team.
- The production of reports, and dissemination of claims data both internally within the
organisation, and externally to our service providers and brokers.
- Inputting data on to the internal system and liaising with other departments within the company.
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly MI for both the Syndicate and the Insurance Company for effective Board reporting.
- Liaison with brokers and our service providers in relation to routine tasks such as requesting claims files, answering correspondence, and dealing with general enquiries.
- Processing the monthly claims bordereaux for the Affinity business.
The candidate should be well organised and happy undertaking routine tasks on a daily basis. Being able to prioritise work effectively is particularly important as the role will involve supporting various members of the claims team. Being a team player and having good IT skills and an attention to detail are critical due to the nature of the work carried out and the variety of IT systems used by the department. Candidates must be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
Education and experience
A level standard of education or some equivalence of work experience.
The role would suit a person who is looking to embark on a career in Insurance at entry/junior level. The candidate will also be expected to commence the CII examinations upon joining.