The London Market Syndicate of a leading global insurance firm are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer
As BI Developer you will provide the business community with data governance, reporting devlopment, warehousing, ETL development, MI reporting, SQL and Power BI.
Attractive salalry of £70,000 + benefits, flexible working, bonus, pension, private health care
- Develop and maintain SSRS reports, SSAS cubes and Power BI dashboards
- Develop and maintain SSIS ETL packages
- Ad-hoc SQL for analysis and investigation
- Stored Procedures for reporting and ETL.
- Full development lifecycle - system test, peer review, assist with UAT and roll out to the end user. Comply with and contribute to the standardisation of reporting in terms of format, definitions and specifications.
- Awareness of best coding practices for performance tuning, scalability and ease of maintenance.
- Support the development of the warehouse to include new data sources and functionality using SQL, SSIS and SSAS.
- Gather requirements for reports or data extracts and agree business specifications with the business community and the dedicated project team.
- Liaise with the MI Team Leader and other team colleagues to peer review the proposed solution to ensure that it fits suitably within the current architectural framework.
- Prioritise and communicate development to ensure that the business has a transparent view of priorities, progress and timescales.
- Develop technical specifications for reports, including aligning specifications to the data dictionary.
- Analyse and understand the impacts on the new replacement Syndicate Data Warehouse currently in development.
Experience within the Insurance / Lloyd's market is essential for this role!