Role: Assistant Underwriter / Cat Modeller - Property Treaty
Forming part of the underwriting team your involvement will be across all aspects of the function, supporting the Department Head in the administering and underwriting of the Property Treaty Portfolio.
The Portfolio encompasses International Property Cat, Onshore Energy, Risk/Cat on D&F, Retrocession (Treaty UNL & Industry Loss Warranty).
The role primary focus will International Property Cat.
· Assist in the underwriting of the Property Treaty portfolio in accordance with Underwriting Policy
· Ensure that rating tools as well as all vendor models at disposal are used as appropriate for the purpose of making an underwriting decision
· Ensure that all underwriting decisions are supported by adequate documentation, including written evidence of referral where appropriate
· Ensure that contract wordings comply with acceptable clauses as per guidelines
· In tandem with the team, maintain and develop broker and client relations
· Marketing and representation where required
· General administration of the Property Treaty account, ensuring all systems are kept up to date
· Assist Department Head in production of periodic reports on aggregate exposure, capacity usage, stress test and quarterly reserving
· Liaise with other underwriting departments, Actuarial, Claims and Accounting
· Liaise with other offices regarding common underwriting and modelling
· Assist Department Head in training new recruits if applicable
· Experience of Property Treaty business class
· Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
· Aptitude for Cat Modelling
· Demonstrates effective time management, adept at organising priorities
· Engages effectively with others - a team player
· Self-motivated, with a keen desire to learn
· Good communicator, with excellent written and face to face communication skills
£35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago