The Role - Assistant Underwriter - US Property
To assist the Senior Underwriters and Underwriters with all administrative and underwriting tasks (within guidelines) for business handled by the In-House Property department.
- Assist in administering correspondence sent to the Property mailboxes.
- Underwrite daily post items within guidelines as held on file.
- Assist in the underwriting/review of inspection reports when required.
- Assist in overseeing the duties of the Underwriting Administrators to ensure smooth production of new quotes, renewal quotes and binders.
- Assist in the production of new quotes, renewal quotes and binders when required.
- Prepare submissions for Senior Underwriters and Underwriters when required.
- Work closely with the Quality Control team.
- Attend monthly and annual departmental meetings actioning any points specific to you.
Skills and experience
- Experience in an underwriting support role - North American Property business
- Experience of underwriting with own authority levels
- Processing of underwriting endorsements and mid-term adjustments
- Previous experience of Certificate / Wordings
- Experience of reviewing / underwriting inspection reports
- Accuracy, attention to detail and analytical skills essential
- Strong interpersonal, team working and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- The ability to absorb technical information
- Confident decision-making skills
- Numeracy and statistical skills
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines