Role: Assistant Underwriter - 12-month FTC
- Leading non-life insurance company
- Speciality offering marine, automobile, accident, liability, long-term non-life insurance, and private pension to personal customers and commercial clients in domestic and overseas markets.
- Reporting in to the CUO
- Excellent salary up to £40,000 and benefits including flexible working
- Purpose of the role is to develop new business and use your in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to arrange suitable insurance policies for the clients and advise clients on making a claim and their risk management.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in insurance, business or related field preferred
- Good knowledge of the insurance market (property insurance knowledge/experience preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Business networking skills and presentation skills
- Competent IT skills including MS Office (highly proficient in Excel desirable)